Friday 22 August 2014

 photo post-mark.png

New stuff and depression challenge update

Soooooo......
YES! There is a new design. I have been wanting a new design for quite a long time. I am not the best at photoshop, so yesterday I finally decided to get a pro template. And ta-da! This is it. I hope you like it. My favorite color is blue, so maybe that had something to do with the choice. I also wanted it to be gender-neutral (even though some associate blue with boys - nonononononono).

You may (or may not) have noticed, that at the top right corner of the page there are some pretty social media icons, each will lead you to our different social media pages.
So, yes! There is a new twitter account!
So please follow the page on twitter since there will be news of new updates but also more personal posts, and retweets, and just anything related to mental health that I find interesting (and that I find). Please feel send us tweets :)


https://twitter.com/newwingstofly

I forgot to post my challenge post yesterday so I will post both of them here.

Day 6


A person who cheers me up or tries to.

I feel very lucky about the fact that I don't feel like I can choose a single person for this. There are a few people, for different situations and contexts I would say them.

Hya, who you may know for writing a post in this blog, always cheers me up. I always laugh with her. We can be crazy together.

Laura is like my soul sister. We've been apart this year but that doesn't stop us from keep planning to build a boat and become pirates together. We always buy chocolate for each other when we are PMSing (YES I said PMS, because that happens to be a thing!), or when we are in a low mood.

And my boyfriend is always there as well. He's always understanding, and caring. He always calms me down when I am having a breakdown.


Day 7


I wish that people knew that depression, anxiety, and other mental illnesses are just as real as any other illness. That just because they are happening on someone's head doesn't make them less real, that the fact that they can't see it doesn't mean someone is making it up. 

I wish people understood that those with mental health illnesses are not attention seekers, but just misunderstood people who are suffering, and that it is really hard to find the right care, especially in a stigmatized society. 

I wish the word 'crazy' lost its bad connotations and wasn't applied to mentally ill people.





 Next challenge Previous day's challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme