Saturday 2 August 2014

 photo post-mark.png

For those who are quick to judge you (or Broken Friendships Part 2)

Following the lines of last entry, some people might be quick to judge.

I talked to my "friend" John (you will know who he is if you read last entry) and he told me that he thought a 'free' year out of d a free year out of university was too much, that I was being lazy. I wish I had had a free year out of uni, but that's not exactly what it was and I would have loved to not have suffered from depression, not have had to return back home and be able to graduate this year.

He also said that being home 'doing nothing' with people victimizing me showed how weak I was and that I had given up. And that I should go out there and face my problems. You might come up with people who say something like this to you. I honestly hope that you don't, but you might. So here is my reply to John's argument (and what I told him). If he hadn't been so quick to judge, if he had actually asked me something, he would know that I am at a day centre, going to the psychologist, having loads of therapy and fighting to fix this problem. I am not 'doing nothing'. I am not weak for coming back home. I am facing my problems. I have not given up, actually coming back home was a really hard decision for me but it meant that I didn't want to give up just yet. 

The fact that he claimed that clearly shows that he does not understand depression, that he is really judgmental and that he is not a friend. I have enough problems of my own, I do not need someone like that in my life. 
And neither do you. 
So if you come face to face with someone like that in your life, as hurtful as it may be at first, I encourage you from here. 
Do not listen to their twisted arguments. 
Do not listen to judgmental people. 
You are strong. 
You are a fighter. 
And if they say something else then they know nothing about you or your illness. And they certainly are not your friends. It's better to be without those people, honestly.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme